I can tell you so many things that I think are wonderful about our school, but would encourage you to make a visit and see for yourself! I hope that if you are a new parent and considering sending your child to our school, this website will give you an insight into our work and values. For our existing parents, I do hope this website will prove a useful way in keeping you up-to-date with what is happening in school and will provide information and advice, continually strengthening our very important home/school Partnership.
To educate children to become independent, lifelong learners and contributing citizens in a rapidly changing, challenging, multi-cultural world.
We aim to create a happy and welcoming learning environment for children, parents, staff and the community; a place where everybody, working in partnership, strives to do their best and contributes to improvement.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
FOR THE CHILDREN
It is our aim at Crownfield Infant School
- To provide the best education and personal development for each child within a framework of care, respect and discipline;
- To offer high quality learning opportunities, which scaffolds their early steps and challenges them to achieve beyond their expectations;
- To make learning an active, enjoyable process, relevant to the child’s needs and abilities, encouraging children to develop a joy in learning and encourage self-motivation;
- To provide opportunities which promote confidence and challenge, developing the whole child’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical development;
- To provide a safe, stimulating and responsive environment, which actively encourages children to take responsibility for their own learning and ensuring opportunities for all;
FOR THE STAFF
- To create the ethos whereby all staff know they are valued and can work as a team, with the support and consideration of colleagues.
- To provide staff with a comprehensive programme of self-development and training that reflects their importance to the school as a whole.
FOR THE COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL AS A WHOLE
- To develop the school as a centre of excellence for education and training and as a focal point for the community.
- To work in partnership with parents, Governors and the local community, including our pre-school, adjacent Junior School, local playgroups, church, police, health and neighbourhood business enterprise, to actively fostering positive relationships;
- To improve and maintain the school building and grounds in a way that is conducive to daily use and sympathetic to the environment.